Category Archives: Hearing Aids Brands
Amplifon: Company Offers More Than Hearing Aids
In the world of hearing loss, you may encounter Amplifon hearing aids but may struggle in finding a significant amount of information about the products. The reason for this is that Amplifon does not manufacture hearing aids. Instead, it owns other companies that manufacture and sell the hearing devices.
Amplifon envisions a world where everyone can enjoy life, whether or not they require hearing aids. To help those with varying degrees of hearing loss, the website for Amplifon’s headquarters states that the company strives to overcome social stigmas, psychological barriers and bias toward hearing aids.
Hearing aids have come a long way in terms of style, design and technology since their first implementation. That is why those who suffer from hearing loss should no longer feel ashamed for wearing hearing devices. Amplifon hearing aids can be worn inside the ear canal, inside the ear, and behind the ear, giving a lot of options for every user. Higher levels of discreetness are available with the incredible technology to provide speech understanding with minimal feedback. Each hearing aid features different options and technological advances, so consumers should choose one that fits their lifestyles.
Social responsibility with Amplifon
The company doesn’t just see itself as Amplifon hearing aid providers, but as a worldwide community company. Amplifon is part of many corporate social responsibility programs to further hearing loss acceptance and knowledge.
- Germany: PopCamp and PopAcademy are programs that support young musicians in Germany. Amplifon distributes free devices for hearing protection at concerts organized in the most populated areas.
- Hungary: In 2010, the company sponsored the National Athletics Championship for students with hearing loss. The company also donated its furniture to a primary school in 2003. In 2009, the company provided needed funding for the school to reopen.
- Italy: Amplifon’s home country sees many benefits from the country, including support for UNICEF, Race in the City, and the “Manifesto for responsible use of the female image.”
- Portugal: During the “Saude Auditiva” program, Amplifon Portugal provided assistance to low-income individuals with hearing issues.
- Switzerland: Amplifon is partnered with Telefonketten that provides a phone chain for elderly people who live alone and are not mobile in order for them to make new contacts and have regular contact with others.
- The Netherlands: Amplifon supports the Dutch Hearing Dog foundation which trains dogs to aid people with hearing loss. Also, each year, the company sends hearing aids to Indonesia, Thailand, Africa and Guatemala.
- United States: Amplifon’s Miracle-Ear Children’s Foundation provides free hearing aids and exams to children from low-income families.
U.S. Amplifon hearing aids
Currently in the United States, Amplifon employs other companies to produce quality hearing aids to be sold through the parent company’s offspring Sonus and Miracle-Ear. Amplifon also sells hearing aids to Sears and Wal-Mart hearing centers. Information on Wal-Mart hearing centers could not be obtained from Wal-Mart’s website, and Sears’ website automatically redirects visitors to Miracle-Ear’s site after prompting visitors to enter a zip code.
Amplifon hearing aid reviews
Below is a list of countries in which Amplifon has a presence and the associated hearing aid company available1.
- Australia: National Hearing Care
- Belgium: Amplifon Belgium
- Canada: Sonus
- Egypt: Amplifon Middle East
- Hungary: Amplifon Hungary Ltd.
- India: Amplifon
- Ireland: Amplifon UK
- Italy: Amplifon Italia
- France: Amplifon France
- Germany: Amplifon Deutschland GmbH
- Luxembourg: Amplifon Luxembourg
- New Zealand: Bay Audiology, National Hearing Care
- Portugal: Amplifon Portugal
- Spain: Amplifon Ibérica
- Switzerland: Amplifon AG
- The Netherlands: Beter Horen
- Turkey: Maxtone
- United Kingdom: Amplifon UK
The Amplifon hearing aid network is no stranger to winning awards. In 2011, the company won four prestigious awards.
- Transatlantic Award 2011 Digital World: This award was presented to the company for the advancements made by the Elite Hearing Network, HearPO, Miracle-Ear, and Sonus in the United States. Due to these efforts, Amplifon was chosen as a company that most promoted and developed relations between the United States and Italy.
- 2011 – Lido Vanni Prize for Excellence: Amplifon was selected for its ability to innovate and contribute to the development and growth in the Italian economy.
- M&A Award 2011: In the category of “Italian acquisitions abroad,” Amplifon was recognized for acquiring the National Hearing Care, which led the markets in three countries. This put the company on Italy’s corporate horizon for contributing to the country’s development and competitiveness.
- 2011 Rebrand 100 Global Awards: Amplifon was branded the best, worldwide corporate brand repositioning project for its distinguished brand transformation business plan.
Oticon Hearing Aids
In a market filled with dozens of different brands of hearing aids, Oticon Hearing Aids Reviews show the it can stand out. The company is recognized as one of the three largest providers of hearing solutions. Oticon hearing aids are used by people in over 100 countries. Millions of people have been able to significantly improve their hearing with the use of the solutions developed by the company.
Oticon: The Company
Oticon is known for its many achievements. The company developed the world’s first fully automatic hearing aid as well as the first digital hearing device. Every year, the company invests a sizeable amount of its revenue toward furthering the progress of research and development. The bulk of the company’s efforts are focused on four key areas: Business support, fitting, technology and audiology.
Oticon Hearing Aids Reviews: The Different Designs
Oticon has close to a dozen different hearing aid solutions. Below are some of the more popular options:
- Agil: The Oticon Agil is a hearing device built to restore the ease at which people follow conversations. The hearing aid is fitted with the company’s Spatial Sound 2.0 and Speed Guard which enhances the ability of the user to organize and distinguish different sounds in noisy environments such as loud restaurants, sports arenas, or social events. The Oticon Agil can be found in different colors as well.
- Acto: The Oticon Acto is equipped with advanced features that deliver crisp sound. The clear performance of the Acto allows people to communicate with more confidence. Like many other Oticon hearing aids, wearers of the Acto will find it easier to distinguish between individual sounds in noisy environments. Oticon Acto can be found in different styles ranging from Behind the Ear to In the Ear models.
- Oticon ConnectLine: With ConnectLine, users of Acto instruments can enjoy their favorite TV or music by streaming the sound wirelessly to their hearing device. ConnectLine can even be used with mobile phones.
- Oticon Safari: Oticon hearing aids under the Safari brand are specially designed to capture a broader bandwidth range. They are an ideal choice with people who have difficulties hearing particular pitches and sounds especially in settings filled with rapidly fluctuating sounds. Children who use the Safari are able to enhance their speech because of their enhanced hearing to the different vocal nuances.
- Oticon Chilli: Individuals diagnosed with severe hearing loss can gain substantial relief with the use of the Oticon Chilli. Oticon Chilli is capable of evaluating different sounds and prioritizing them for the listener, with speech superseding all other sounds.
In the last three decades, Oticon has won over a dozen different awards based on the company’s achievements. The company maintains sales offices in 22 countries alongside dozens of independent distributors.
It is estimated that close to a billion people around the world are affected with hearing loss. This number is expected to increase by a third in the coming century. Hearing loss is not just restricted to senior citizens. Close to 12% of people experiencing hearing difficulty are below the age of 18. Oticon is committed to providing the best possible solution for people with varying degrees of hearing loss.
If you are suffering from hearing problems, please click below
to learn more about a new oral hearing loss treatment
The Hearing Fix
Wal-Mart hearing aids
Walmart can be a good place to visit for people searching for cheap hearing aids on a budget. It offers a huge range of options with different flexible and sometimes discount hearing aids prices. To find the right Wal-Mart hearing aids, people will need to understand exactly what their hearing needs are.
Determining your hearing aid needs
The first step to doing this is of course having a medical examination. A medical examination will reveal the exact nature of your hearing loss; if it is conductive, sensorineural or mixed. Individuals with conductive hearing loss may be able to improve their hearing without the need of hearing aids. To discover this though, the medical examination will need to be done by a skilled professional.
Depending on the initial examination, a doctor may recommend that patients submit themselves for an audiological exam. An Audiological exam is used to evaluate a patient’s hearing (using an audiogram). The results can then be used to determine the right treatments or hearing aid specifications.
Most audiologists will offer recommendations on the best hearing aids to buy. You can take their advice or opt for an alternative option. When shopping for WalMart hearing aids, there are several details that people will need to take into consideration. One of these is the type and style of the hearing aid. People can choose from basic hearing devices such as Open fit hearing aids, to more advanced and discrete options such as Complete in the Canal hearing aid.
Walmart Hearing Aids Reviews
Hearing aids are sold with different kinds of technology designed to enhance the overall user experience. For instance people will find Wal-Mart hearing aids that can be used to stream sounds from their TV and radio. It is advised that people choose hearing aids with features that fit with their lifestyles. For instance, if people spend a lot of time driving, they might want to consider choosing hearing aids that can comfortably transmit ambient sounds. It takes time to get used to the feel of hearing aids. Some people spend weeks before fully adjusting. Choosing a Walmart hearing aid that you are comfortable with will make the process of adjusting easier.
The question of cost is always an important factor. Hearing aids with more advanced features are typically more expensive. However, people can find attractive bargains by deciding on a budget beforehand.
Finally, before making a decision, people will need to focus on the terms of each sale. This includes details such as the terms and length of the warrant and if they are sold with a trial period. It’s also a good idea to check the kind of support structure (if any) if any that is being offered. Those can come in handy if a repair needs to be made.
WalMart hearing aids offer a convenient and affordable option to people looking for hearing solutions. Alongside hearing aids, the site is also a good source of hearing aid accessories and batteries. There are hearing aid professionals that you can turn to for advice. You can also learn more about the quality and performance of different walmart hearing aids by reading through the reviews.
Starkey Hearing Aids
Starkey Hearing aids are an attractive option for people suffering from hearing loss. The hearing aids are used by millions of people across the country. Starkey hearing devices are powered by some of the best advances in modern technology, resulting in clearer, sharper and better communication for the users. There are authorized Starkey hearing aid dealers all around the country, some even offering discount Starkey hearing aids in certain places.
Starkey Hearing Aids: The Company
Starkey is considered to be one of the innovative leaders in hearing solutions. In addition to being the creator of the first in-Canal hearing aid, Starkey was the first company to adopt the use of nanotechnology in the design of its products. The company is committed to discovering more advanced hearing solutions and partners with a vast network of doctors, audiologist and hearing specialists to this effect.
Starkey Hearing Aids Reviews:
There are two different approaches to buy Starkey hearing aids. People can choose to search for their preferred hearing aids by the type of technology offered or by the style.
People searching for hearing aids may have special technological preferences. For instance, people may choose to focus their search on invisible Starkey hearing aids. The size and design of these hearing aids makes it much harder for people to notice when they’re being worn. Individuals may also choose to search for Starkey hearing aids with technology that has been specifically fitted for children—with an emphasis of comfort, durability and ease of use.
Other technological options that may determine a person’s search include hearing aids with wireless functions, digital Starkey hearing aids, hearing aids with advanced protection and hearing aids optimized for regular communication.
On the other hand, people may choose to buy Starkey hearing aids based on the different styles available. The right style of hearing aid will be affected by factors such as a person’s budget, level of hearing and way of life. In all there are five major styles available with Starkey hearing solutions. These are the Behind the Ear hearing aids, In the Ear hearing aids, Receiver in Canal hearing aids, In the Canal hearing aids and Completely in the Canal hearing aids.
Starkey hearing aids can be bought from a professional or ordered over the company’s product page. People who are undecided about what constitutes the best hearing aid can take advantage of the finder tool that’s available on the company’s website. The more advanced Starkey hearing aids, (such as the 3 Series) are built to ensure that people are able make phone calls easily, watch their favorite TV programs and follow conversations in noisy background. They are optimized to offer limited feedback and the best comfort factor.
Starkey hearing aids are built with the aim of creating the best possible listening experience. Their list of products includes hearing aids with features such as wireless technology that allows people listen to radio and television. Starkey hearing aids are waterproof and offer long lasting performance. Beyond the products, users of Starkey hearing aids can enjoy counseling and product repair though the company’s support service. Starkey hearing aids are not cheap, but when quality counts they are a great choice.
If you have hearing loss, please click below
to learn more about a new oral hearing loss treatment
The Hearing Loss Pill
Phonak Hearing Aids
Phonak hearing aids offer some of the best features in signal processing, comfort factor and function. The innovations and rapid research invested into the development of its hearing solutions has made Phonak one of the global leaders in the quality hearing aid market.
Phonak Hearing Aids: The Company
For over 6 decades, Phonak has led the advance in research on acoustic and wireless devices. Today, the company is widely recognized as a provider of innovative hearing aids fitted with revolutionary communication options. Phonak hearing aids have won several awards for the beauty of their design, one of which was the 2011 iF Product Design awards. Phonak is also responsible for SoundRecover, a revolutionary algorithm that significantly improves the function of hearing aids.
The company is constantly working with international universities and research centers towards discovering even better solutions. Today, Phonak hearing aids are sold in over 100 countries with sales partners and locations in each.
Phonak Hearing Aids Reviews of Design/Features
The hearing aid solutions offered by Phonak can be broadly fit into two different categories; Behind the Ear Models and Custom Models. Behind the ear (BTE) models, like the name suggests are made up of external parts that can be comfortably worn behind the ears. They are quite effective in catching ambient sound and amplifying them for the listener. Custom models are designed specifically to fit within the confines of the ear while offering the best possible comfort. Phonak Hearing Aids Reviews show that they are built with different design features. Some of these include;
- UltraZoom Premium: The UltraZoom feature provides greater comfort in noisy situations where several people are talking at the same time. The UltraZoom closes in on the voice in front of the speaker while reducing the voice and noises coming from behind and the side.
- Auto ZoomControl: Auto ZoomControl slides backwards and forwards to stay in sync with the speaker. This is a useful feature in cars or lines where you cannot always move your head to focus on what the listener is saying.
- Stereo Zoom: Phonak hearing aids fitted with stereo zoom are optimized for one on one conversation even in noisy settings. Stereo Zoom, focuses on the words of the speaker while filtering out the ambient noise.
- SoundRecover: With SoundRecover, listeners are able to enjoy wider access to high pitched sounds. This is a useful feature with individuals who are having difficulty hearing high pitch sounds. Sound recover enhances the amplitude of these sounds making them more audible.
- DuoPhone: DuoPhone is a useful feature that allows the listener follow a phone conversation with both ears. This reduces the amount of background noise and makes it easier for the listener to follow the phone conversation.
Phonak Hearing aids are widely respected for their beauty and the quality of their design. Phonak hearing aids are not designed to be cheap, or even discounted. They are built for those who value quality. They are built with advanced features that make them an attractive option for most people. Most Phonak hearing aids are designed to be sweat, dust, and water resistant ensuring long lasting performance. Some of its popular products include the Phonak Ambra, Solana, Dalia, Cassia, CROS and Lyric. Others include the Naida S, Audeo S and Exelia Art.
If you are interested in a new hearing loss treatment,
please click below to learn about:
The Hearing Fix
Costco Hearing Aids
Individuals searching for affordable hearing solutions may want to consider the option of Costco hearing aids. Costco hearing aids offer some of the most advanced features in technology. In addition to the high standards of their products, Costco also offers different kinds of support to people with suspected hearing difficulty.
Costco Hearing Aid Reviews: The Company
Costco hearing aids are built using the very best of modern hearing aid technology. There are dozens of Costco hearing aid centers spread across the country. Individuals who visit these centers can enjoy free hearing tests. Alongside the free consultation service, Costco hearing aid centers also offer free cleaning and check up of Costco hearing aids. Individuals who purchase Costco hearing aids are give 10 free batteries to go along with the device. Costco hearing centers are great places to visit to learn more about the different hearing products available.
Costco Hearing Aids Designs
There are different models of Costco hearing aids to be found. Hearing aids may either transfer sound via a wire or through some wireless medium such as Bluetooth. The eventual decision will be affected by an individual’s budget and preference, although some discount costco hearing aids do exist, we usually recommend going for higher quality.. Some of the more popular options include
- Open Fit: The Open fit is a Costco hearing aid that is worn behind the ear. A thin tube connects the external piece to the inner ear transmitting the amplified sound. Costco hearing aid is designed for people with mild, moderate or moderately severe hearing impairment.
- Behind the Ear Hearing Aid: Designed for people with mild to profound hearing loss. Like the name suggests, the hearing aid is worn behind the ear. Behind the Ear hearing aids are able to carry larger batteries, allowing them to last for longer periods. They are also a lot easier to use and care for—especially when being worn by children.
- In the Ear: In the ear Costco hearing aids are custom molded to fit the ear of the wearer. They are suitable for people suffering from mild, moderate or severe hearing loss. In the Ear hearing aids are less visible than BTE devices.
- Canal Hearing aid: The canal hearing aid is worn as described. A large part of it is molded to fit within the ear canal (with a tiny part visible in the outer ear). It can be used as treatment option with people diagnosed with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely in the Canal: Costco’s completely in the canal hearing aid are custom built to fit comfortably within the ear canal of the wearer. They are can be used for mild or moderate hearing loss.
There is no fixed rule on what constitute the best hearing aid, especially if you are searching for cheap Costco hearing aids. Each decision is different based on the person it affects. Costco hearing aid centers are manned by professional staff that can help buyers evaluate the different products available and use this in choosing the best solution based on their budget, lifestyle and needs. Individuals can also choose to visit their doctors for recommendations on the right hearing aids to buy.
Beltone Hearing Aids
Beltone hearing aids are used by millions of people across the world. The hearing aids are manufactured by Beltone, a US based company. Beltone hearing aids do not offer the most advanced hearing aids, but they do offer reliable hearing aid devices that can be used to treat the different degrees of hearing loss.
Beltone Hearing Aids: The Company
Beltone was founded in 1940 and is today located in Chicago. Beltone specializes in the manufacturing of hearing instruments and provision of support. Beltone health care products and services are constantly being advertised in the US and beyond. The company also provides a number of useful support programs to owners of Beltone hearing aids.
Beltone Hearing Aids Reviews: Designs
People can choose from a broad range of hearing solutions based on factors such as the model, technology, size and cost. Beltone’s list of hearing aids includes in-canal and open fit models—each with varying benefits. Below are a few of the popular models available to user.
- Beltone Touch (Complete in the Canal): Touch is a Beltone hearing aid with a receiver that is built to fit completely in the Canal. The microphone is however located in a separate location such as the outer ear. Separating the receiver from the microphone reduces the risk of squeaks and background wind noise. The touch is available in three different grades, with varying strengths.
- Beltone Edge (Open Fit): Beltone’s Edge is a small and simple open fit hearing device. It can be used with people experiencing mild, severe or moderately severe hearing loss.
- Beltone Reach/One: High on the list of advanced hearing aids is the Reach and One. The Beltone Reach is built with features that make it more effect in windy environment and directing sounds. The Reach is also waterproof to some extent.
- True: Another Beltone hearing aid is the True. The True is small a ‘receiver in the canal’ type device. Its design is optimized to handle noises better with advanced directional mechanism support. The True, like many other Beltone hearing aids, is finished with a moisture proof coating.
- Turn and Mira: Turn and Mira are one of the most basic Beltone hearing aids available. They come with three different amplification levels that the user can choose from. They are capable of handling noise and feedback with slight adjustments. These Beltone hearing aids are the some of the best options for anyone working with budget constraints
- Marq (Behind the Ear): The Marq is a small BTE hearing device that offers decent power considering its size. It can also be found in two other levels; The Marq 9 and 17. The Marq 17 is the more advanced of the two offering higher number of channels and advanced features.
Beltone Hearing aids are a good option for people who are diagnosed with mild, moderate or severe hearing loss. The hearing aids are very affordable and are available in a wide range of styles and models. Beltone also offers support to its customers.